- The therapist has completed 320 hours of manual therapy lessons but has not yet completed an exam.
- The therapist with level 2a and certificate has completed 360 hours of manual therapy lessons, successfully passed an exam and is recognized as a manual therapist by the health insurance companies.
- Certificate plus 107 lessons
- Certificate plus 267 lessons
OPTIONAL: IMTA CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCE
- The therapist with level 3 and IMTA final exam has completed 753 hours of manual therapy lessons, successfully passed another exam, is recognized as a manual therapist by the health insurance
OMT (ORTHOPEDIC MANUAL THERAPY) BECOMES OMPT
- OMT stands for Orthopedic Manual Therapy. This term is synonymous with OMPT (Orthopedic Manual Physiotherapy) (see there). OMT is an outdated name for the standard of manual therapy within physiotherapy described by the International Federation of Manipulative Physical Therapists (IFOMPT).companies and is accredited by the IMTA.
- OMPT: From now on OMPT stands for Orthopedic Manual Physiotherapy. Since 2017 the DVMT e.V. has been using the designation OMPT for this highest international standard within manual therapy. The update of the name is based on the analogy to the name change made by IFOMPT in 2009 (from IFOMT to IFOMPT) to the International Federation of Manipulative Physical Therapy. The explicit inclusion of the term physiotherapy is intended on the one hand to make it clear that manual therapy is used within a physiotherapeutic framework with active as well as passive and educational tasks, and on the other hand to distinguish it from alternative healing methods that are not physiotherapy, but also from manual therapy speak, be made.
- The advanced training for the OMPT qualification comprises around 600 teaching units (TUs) in attendance and a further 1,300 TUs in personal work. Graduates have to pass several examinations and write a scientific thesis.
- The official name of the OMPT advanced training offered by DVMT e.V. is OMPT-DVMT®. The extension with DVMT indicates that it is an OMPT further education according to the curriculum of the DVMT e.V. All further training graduates from the 2017-2020 class will automatically receive the title OMPT-DVMT®. All previous graduates with an OMT-DVMT qualification are treated equally to an OMPT-DVMT® qualification. This is only a change in the name of the training, but not a change in content.